Skype
NovesNovele

A Prank Time A Prank Time

Dang, what a show off!

The animation took me by surprise. Way too normal looking for what you end up getting and I loved it. The insanity of it all...just wonderful. If I were to offer a criticism, it would be that I found the dad screaming bit too long, but that's where I feel you really showed off. The length of it only showed off the amount of ideas you can convey and how good your animation can be, so please, don't even take that as criticism.

The fluid animation of it (and the rest of the scenes) looked like it took a lot of work to do correctly and if I take a step back to appreciate just that, I feel like you really showed off a lot of creativity through ideas that seemed to get progressively stranger but were animated well enough to sell the strangeness. On top of that, it seems like getting the sound to match up would be a challenge in a few areas, but it flows smoothly with that liquid animation.

The story works by itself, but that added strangeness to juxtapose now normal it could have been gives it so much more personality. But above all I feel that you nailed the technical aspects to make this short one to remember, so go ahead, enjoy that feeling of vindication and self-confidence in your work. I'll be here hoping there's more to come.

Theres a Man in the Woods Theres a Man in the Woods

Wow this was nice.

There's a lot that I like in this video. The story itself, a dark tale with no true winning or losing for the protagonist or the antagonist. It's not a story type that's seen too often, and I like that. Perfect for the nearing of Halloween too. The art also seemed to agree with the story well. Bright, vividness in better days with darker tones as trouble continued to brew. Realistic facial expressions and body language that conveyed the necessary feelings of the characters. I loved the approaching lava as a metaphor for the imaginary danger zones kids can come up with (at least that's what I took it as). With the art is nice animation that looks like it comes from solid technique. Michael Paul Kennedy did an excellent job with the music as it helped drive the story with building intensity and menacing tone. I appreciate the timbre of the piano, as I'm uncertain if there was a better choice of instrument to express atmosphere like it did. I also had to like the writing and its rhyme. Michael Ho gave it a nice rhythm and an excellent delivery. My only criticism is that he sounded a bit young for the teacher's appearance, but it's negligible as it didn't pull me out of the immersion from the video until I watched it a second time in search of anything to give some constructive criticism.

And as far as constructive criticism goes...unless I really nitpick like in my last statement, I can't say much. To all three of you, keep up the great work and I'll be looking forward to your future projects!

An Animal Crossing Tale An Animal Crossing Tale

Too good not to comment on and a very nice tribute to the Animal Crossing series.

I loved the atmosphere set by the music and animation. A nice, bucolic town with no troubles that gains a dark secret come nightfall. Character interactions were believable and sounded nice, so great work with the writing and by the voice actors too.

If I were to offer any criticism, the running animation still seemed a little off. I'd like to be able to say why and give some more help, but I can't pinpoint it, sorry. Still, it's not enough to pull my immersion from the video and the animation has been improving from your past work (and I love seeing artists on here develop sharper skills).

Keep up the great work, man. Can't wait to see what's next!

The I of It The I of It

Delightful!

I loved the presentation of this game. The voice work was excellent. The narration of the story, the sound effects, and the death/try again scenes made it seem like someone was reading a book to me. The gameplay and level design was inventive for such a simplistic design and the graphics fit very well. The story was alright. It just seemed like you could have done more with it, however, the storytelling was also well done.

Overall, this was a very creative work and I hope that you can build on it in your future work, which I look forward to seeing.

Alice is Dead - Ep 3 Alice is Dead - Ep 3

What a piece of work.

Well done, well done! Quite the flash. Great music, visuals, and programming. It's all put together very nicely as well, providing appropriate atmosphere and moods (that gave me a delightful creep feeling) to the story.
And what a story. I can imagine why many may not like the ending. It wasn't what I expected or wanted to happened, but the story has to end somehow, and it was fitting. Now, what really impressed me was the way the story was told. It's full of subtle details that make you backtrack and draw inferences to try and figure out the bigger picture past the rabbit's own. A style I like to see, but I imagine there are many that do not enjoy the fact that they need to do work to know everything going on. No matter...to each there own.
Constructive criticisms? No. Not for this. It may not be perfect, but I find it close enough. You have quite a talent for using flash and point & click games as a medium for storytelling, and as long as you tell a good story (such as this one) with the quality of flash you provide I won't have any qualms about it.
I am looking forward to your future projects with great anticipation. Keep up the great work.

Dreamgate Escape Dreamgate Escape

Warped

That's why I love it. The atmosphere you managed to create was amazing. It made me hesitant to click certain areas for fear of them freaking me out, but still did and loved it. So yes, the game design was done superbly. The art design was also masterfully done. I particularly enjoyed the lighting, whether it was the ominous red "flashlight", the dingy fadedness of the forked path, or the glowing eyes. Not only was the art design great, but I liked the character's dialogue when interacting with objects. Subtle, but enough to give some emotion of being freaked out and scared.
I still have a few criticisms though. Like most people were saying, I agree that it was a bit short. I don't think that's what you were going for, I suppose, but it bothered me. At first, it seemed this world you created would spread out and swallow me into it, consuming me as I tried to escape. It left me with a feeling that it was small, and had so much unrealized potential. Some smaller things also could have made the game better in my eyes. The first area didn't seem to fit the mood of the rest of the game. It was weird, but not creepy. I also would have liked the messages in the stump to have been more cryptic, if it's manageable. Finally, I saw the spikes coming. The message gave it away, and I don't think it should have. The suspense leading to surprise in this game is what I crave in games of this atmosphere.
You said you put a lot of work into this, and I think it's paying out. You made a great world to escape from and I hope there's a sequel or at least another game like this coming from you.